KEEP LOWNDES/VALDOSTA BEAUTIFUL
Rules and Regulations
A. Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful Requirements:
1. All adopting organizations must sign an annual Adopt-A-Road program agreement.
2. K.L.V.B. will have final approval on all routes adopted and approve time of litter pick-up. (For example: No interstate highways, state routes, or holiday pick-ups.)
3. Adopting organizations must adopt a minimum of one mile (preferably two miles).
3.1 Adopting organizations must pick up litter at least once per quarter (four times a year).
3.2 Adopting organizations must advise the Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful office three days prior to litter pick-up.
3.3 Option to renew agreement after one year.
B. Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful will provide a contact person to:
1. Answer any questions on roadway safety prior to litter pick-up
2. Coordinate distribution of bags and vests.
3. Coordinate removal of full litter bags.
4. Coordinate erection of all signs.
5. Assist as Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful deems necessary.
C. Lowndes County or City of Valdosta Public Works will furnish:
1. Two adoption signs (possible cost) and two poles (if necessary).
D. Adopting Organization:
1. Civic and non-profit organization:
1.1 Participants must be at least 12 years of age.
1.2 If under age of the majority, must have written parental consent.
2. Commercial organization:
Cannot display any product I.D.
Cannot display address or phone number.
Cannot display any product or service reference.
Organization sign is to be used only with parent sign.
3. All organizations must be approved by the Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful office for the Adopt-A-Road program.
4. Must complete Adopt-A-Road status report and forward to the Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful office after each pick-up.
5. If adopting organization fails to perform satisfactorily, it will be removed from the Adopt-A-Road Program.
1. The Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful office will advise and assist with safety as it deems necessary.
2. The Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful office will advise adopting organizations to:
2.1 Car-pool to litter pick-up area if possible to keep vehicles to a minimum.
2.2 Park vehicles clear of roadway.
2.3 Keep work groups to a manageable size.
2.4 Closely supervise youth groups.
2.5 Not remove any hazardous material.
2.6 Not to pick up items on bridges, tunnels, or overpasses.
2.7 Stay clear of construction areas.
2.8 Stay clear of traffic.
2.9 Hold safety meeting with group prior to litter pick-up.
2.10 Not pick up litter during inclement weather, hours of darkness, or peak traffic hours.
2.11 Be aware of possible contact with poisonous plants, stinging insects, fire ants, and snakes.
2.12 Consider the possibility of any participant’s known allergies prior to litter pick-up.
2.13 Not allow participants to partake of, possess, or distribute alcoholic beverages while involved in litter pick-up for Adopt-A-Road.
2.14 Make participants aware that they are working in a potentially dangerous environment and caution them to act accordingly.
3. Adopting organizations understand and agree that participation is at one’s own risk and that neither K.L.V.B. nor any local governments shall be liable.